Pop links

From Postmodern Barney: The Story of the Batmobile.

------

One of this blog's favorite cartoonists, Darwyn Cooke, will be adapting a series of Richard Stark for IDW Publishing.

Cooke is set to adapt the first four volumes in the Parker series, The Hunter (the source for Point Blank), The Man With the Getaway Face, The Outfit, and The Mourner. Cooke’s adaptation of The Hunter will debut in late 2009 with subsequent volumes slated for two-year intervals. IDW plans on publishing its Parker adaptations in black-and-white (with single color highlights) and in a smaller format than traditional comic book size in order to make the volumes more bookstore friendly.

Should be some good stuff...

-----

From Classic TV Showbiz: 26 minutes of "Dick Van Dyke Show" bloopers.

------

See a trailer for the upcoming "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" animated series.

-----

See the winners of the 2008 Eisner Awards.

-----

The Daily Telegraph reports on a newly discovered Beatles outtake tape from 1964.

John Lennon is heard saying: "I'm playing baby. I know I can't stop laughing because I can see them two. I'm not looking at you."

Paul McCartney replies: "You were."

John Lennon says: "It's just going to get funnier and funnier as the evening goes on. It's 11o'clock you know."

Paul McCartney says: "Let's just try this once more and if it's the last one that's hard lines."

The pair are then heard trying to record the track a number of times before collapsing in a fit of laughter.

Eventually they get it right as on the second side of the tape there is a completed recording of Follow The Sun.

The newly discovered Beatles recording also includes hits, Don't Put Me Down Like This, I Feel Fine, She's A Woman, Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby, Honey Don't, I'll Follow The Sun, I'm A Loser, Too Much Monkey Business, Nitty Gritty, Somethings Gotta Hold Of Me and I Shall Not Be Moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment