Pop links

Brian Wilson chats with USA Today about his new album, That Lucky Old Sun.

The song recalls boyhood days harmonizing with his brothers. "I think about them every time I'm on stage singing our songs. When I sing God Only Knows, I think of Carl. When I sing Do You Wanna Dance? I think of Dennis. It's not a good feeling. I miss them a lot. Every now and then, I miss the Beach Boys a little bit."

He sees no chance for a truce with Mike Love, however, whose 2005 lawsuit argued that the band's future sales were threatened by a Smile-related promotional CD of Wilson's re-recorded Beach Boys hits, issued free in the U.K. The suit, dismissed last year as meritless, "made me not like him," says Wilson, who lavishes praise on his current 10-member band. "I trust my band. They're better than any band I've ever worked with. I pick up energy from them. And love."


-----

Robby over at Dial B for Blog has outdone himself with a series of posts documenting the history of the great DC Comics letterer/logo designer Gaspar Saladino.

Photobucket

-----

Google has hired cartoonist Scott McCloud to do a comic book explaining the origins of its new browser, Chrome.

Photobucket

------

A South Korean artist has created a "skeleton" of Donald Duck, now on display in a Swiss art exhibit.

-----

See illustrator Mary Blair's illustrations for a Disney "Alice in Wonderland" book, now finally being released.

Blair is the designer of the beloved "It's a Small World" attraction at Disneyland.

Photobucket

-----

Warner Home Video has apologized for a goof it made on the menu for its "DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures" DVD.

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment