Creator of bogus Megan Fox Wonder Woman site 'fesses up

Last week I carried some posts to a relatively official-looking site that unveiled actress Megan Fox as the star of the in-development Wonder Woman movie.

The site was eventually debunked as a fan creation, but many of us were left wondering why someone would bother going through the effort to create such a thing. I guess I shouldn't be too superior. I blog about such things.

Anyway, the site has been update with a look at how and why it was created. Here's the gist.

Superman. Batman. Spiderman. They have all had their day of glory on the silver screen. Meanwhile, the woman of most men's dreams has been stuck in Hollywood "Development Hell". Like most designers, I too have been stuck in development hell. So I, as a designer, looked to Wonder Woman for inspiration. Why did I do it? It was the challenge of making something out of nothing.

My wheels began turning one day when I had heard that Joss Whedon had walked away from the original Wonder Woman movie project. I carried on with my day wondering who would be the ultimate Wonder Woman?

My day of wondering actually turned into many months. Upon much contemplation and trial runs, it occurred to me that for Wonder Woman to be universally successful she would have to appeal to younger audiences. And with that, Megan Fox as Wonder Woman began...


Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment