New comics April 23, 2009: Batman annuals! Legion! X-Men Omnibus! Sheena! More!

Releases of note this week. Click the links to order discounted titles from Amazon.


BATMAN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #4 This title is getting to be pretty fun. I loved the Batman/Green Arrow team-up in the last ish. Good action, art and some funny moments to boot. This one features Aquaman AND giant dinosaurs!


DC CLASSICS LIBRARY BATMAN: THE ANNUALS Great stuff from the Silver Age. I gotta get it. Evidently the reproduction is quite good--better than the much-griped-about "Superman: Kryptonite Nevermore" volume.


DETECTIVE COMICS #853 The second and final part of Gaimin/Kubert's "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader."


SHOWCASE PRESENTS LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES Another slab of Silver Age fun.


AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #592 I continue to love the current Spidey books. It's superhero comics done right. Ugly cover, though.


X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 The earliest X-Men issues from the 60s in one humongous book. Get it for nearly $40 cheaper on Amazon.


GOLDEN AGE SHEENA QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE VOL. 2 More affordable vintage Sheena.

1 comment:

  1. Hey John, I agree with you about Amazing Spider-Man these days. As much as I hated One More Day and what happened there, I really enjoy these stories, the art and the writing are both fantastic, and capture the feel of the silver or bronze age Spidey perfectly.

    And I agree with you about Quesada's cover. I have found his work, especially lately, to be almost grotesque.

    Thanks for your excellent blog, a daily stop for me!
    Pete

    ReplyDelete