New comics coming from Joe Kubert

This is cool news (from an interview with Kubert and his son Adam about their new Sgt. Rock strip in DC's Wednesday Comics anthology:

I just finished a Hawkman cover. And I’m doing a Hawkman story for a book that I’m going to be editing and putting out from DC. So right now, it’s all Hawkman.

...the cover I’m doing is actually a request from [DC editor] Wil Moss, who is working on something with Hawkman, Superman and some other heroes. The Hawkman story I’m doing is for one of a series of books that I’m doing for DC. It’s going to be a 48-page anthology and I’m going to have guys like Sam Glanzman and people of that ilk, who are going to be working on it with me. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m going to be writing, drawing, editing. I’m putting together this book for DC and it’s going to be called, the tentative title anyhow, “Joe Kubert Presents.” My purpose of it is to put out the kind of book, I like to read.

It’s going to be six issues and we probably won’t see the first one until I finish at least four of them so I don’t trip over my own feet as far as deadlines are concerned. I would guess it would probably be out some time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment