Sir Alec Guiness thought Star Wars was "fairytale rubbish"

He also thought Harrison Ford's first name was "Tennyson."

Business Insider shares a few funny anecdotes from the great actor's letter as published in his 2003 official biography:
"I have been offered a movie (20th Cent. Fox) which I may accept, if they come up with proper money. London and N. Africa, starting in mid-March. Science fiction – which gives me pause – but is to be directed by Paul [sic] Lucas who did "American Graffiti, which makes me feel I should. Big part. Fairy-tale rubbish but could be interesting perhaps."

 .... new rubbish dialogue reaches me every other day on wadges of pink paper – and none of it makes my character clear or even bearable ... I must off to studio and work with a dwarf (very sweet – and he has to wash in a bidet) and your fellow countrymen Mark Hamill and Tennyson (that can't be right) Ford. Ellison (? – No!) – well, a rangy, languid young man who is probably intelligent and amusing. But Oh, God, God, they make me feel ninety – and treat me as if I was 106. – Oh, Harrison Ford – ever heard of him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment