Pop culture roundup

Via Dangerous Minds, the Bonzo Dog Band performs "High School Hermit."

-----

A long interview with comics artist Neal Adams about his history, and his controversial Batman: Odyssey limited series.

I’m the target. Go shoot your arrows. Try to get me. I’m runnin’ across the hill over there. And I had a great time! I did a book that I’m tremendously happy with and what’s happening is now people are coming up to me at conventions and stuff going [whispers] ‘I really liked Batman Odyssey. I loved it. Wow it was great.’ Why you whispering? ‘I don’t want anybody to hear me. I’m not supposed to like it. But I loved it’ 
-----

The Beatles have granted permission for some of their music to appear in a documentary about their former official fan club secretary.
  Good Ol' Freda tells the story of Freda Kelly, who ran the Beatles fan club and spent 11 years working for the band. Director Ryan White secured the rights for four Beatles tracks, including "Love Me Do" and "I Saw Her Standing There," but won't reveal how much it cost.
-----

The connection between comics great Jack Kirby and the real-life CIA operation that inspired the acclaimed film "Argo" have been mentioned here a number of the times in the past. But there's a link to some great Jack Kirby art prepared for the sham film used  as a cover for freeing American hostages from Iran.


No comments:

Post a Comment