Pop culture roundup: 2001; John Buscema; Ginger Baker

Baffled by the ending of "2001: A Space Odyssey"? This free comic book from a 1968 Howard Johnson's children's menu won't help. (Via Dreams of Space)

-----

Why was John Buscema such a great comic book artist? Check out his sketches, says 20th Century Danny Boy. Amazing stuff from one of my all-time favorites.


-----

Is this torture, or just an interview with Cream's Ginger Baker? What a jerk. Almost as bad as Lou Reed.





Our video omits most of the times Baker dismissed my questions, or raised his eyebrows in disgust. It omits the one-word answers, by and large. It omits his more withering reponses to questions from the audience. It leaves out the 15-second pause where I simply sat in silence, wishing the earth would swallow me whole. It leaves out Baker deciding he's had enough with the words "I want to go home now." You may able to note the one point where I have just about had enough, and my voice tightens and quickens while I ask another "silly question". It doesn't sound much on the video, but it was an effort of will to get a question out instead of telling him what I thought of his rudeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment