Pop culture roundup: Woody Allen! George Harrison! Paul McCartney! Wolverton's Eye of Doom! Jack Kirby's S.H.I.E.L.D.! more!

Woody Allen has recorded audio versions of four of his books. Check out this sample.

-----

Check out George Harrison's fisheye selfies from India 1966.


-----

Here's the cover of Paul McCartney's upcoming LP, New, out Oct. 15.




-----

Watch out for the Eye of Doom! (via Diversions of the Groovy Kind)

-----

Check out this great gallery of Jack Kirby's spy gadgets from the early Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. comics.

-----

Rolling Stone catches up with former Kinks guitarist Dave Davies, who talks about his recovering from smoke and his still-contentious relationship with brother Ray. I'll believe this talk about a Kinks tour once I see tickets on sale.
Months after the stroke, Ray told the British press that he was teaching Dave how to play guitar again. Dave roars with laugher when reminded of this. "Oh God!" he says. "My cat was more helpful in teaching me guitar. It loved me. It didn't try to dominate me. It nurtured me."


No comments:

Post a Comment