Pop Focus: Disney live-action films of the 1970s pt. 2!

Pop culture, so far as this blog is concerned, essentially ends in 1979, so here's the last of our installments spotlighting Disney's live-action films from the 1950s to the 1970s.

As I mentioned last time out, this is the era when I was seeing many of these films in the theater and I have fondish memories of many.

The era sees Kurt Russsell's teen star years wrapping up as the stage set for Jodie Foster. She's great in "Freaky Friday," which has held up very well.

I also loved "Escape from Witch Mountain," which seemed spooky and mysterious at age 9. "The Shaggy D.A" doesn't quite match up to Dean Jones' star turns from the late 1960s, when he was the new Fred McMurray.

"The Black Hole" is one I really need to revisit, just out of curiosity - Disney's attempt to do a "Star Wars."



 

 

 









 


 


 


Escape from the Dark, 1977













 








 



No comments:

Post a Comment