Pop focus: Aurora superhero model kits

Ah, clumsy fingers and the disorienting fumes of Testors glue. Building models was fun, though I was particularly good at it, or dedicated to the hobby. I did make a few, though. Including - with the patient assistance of my mom - Aurora's Batman figure.

The Caped Crusader was just one of a lineup of pop culture characters Aurora produced in the 1960s and 70s, including other DC and Marvel comics heroes.

Here's a selection of pics focusing on the entire lineup. Which did you build?

 






1 comment:

  1. I didn't buy any of those and don't remember them at the time because had I run into them I'm pretty sure I would have bought Batman & Superman. I did buy the Universal monsters, however, Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc. Also the Weird-O models kits. I can't believe how model kits have gone up price-wise.

    ReplyDelete